Be Physically Active – At Any Age!
You know that physical activity is good for you, no matter what your age! However, some might never have had the opportunity or confidence to participate in exercise. Others may have stopped exercising for some reason, e.g. health problems or reduced mobility.
At Fitness4Fun, we work to find new ways for you to remain physically active. Regular exercise is important to the physical and mental health of older adults. Being physically active can help you continue doing the things you enjoy and to stay independent as you age. Exercise can reduce the risk of developing some age-related diseases and disabilities. In some cases exercise is an effective treatment for chronic disease. Studies show that people with arthritis, heart disease or diabetes benefit from regular physical activity. Exercise can also help people with blood pressure, balance problems or difficulty walking.
Community Centres, Day-Care Centres, Walking loops, Trails or paths, Nursing homes, One-to-one sessions in private homes.
All activities are provided with seats for participants. Regardless of range of motion or disability, all participants are involved in the full range of activities. The sessions are in a relaxed and fun environment where people join in for some chat, exercise and a catch-up with old friends. Each of the programmes last from 1.5 to 2 hours, depending on the needs of the participants.
All programmes begin with a variety of introductory socialisers or games including Parachute Games, Bean Bag Games, followed by a warm-up involving a selection of activities to loosen and lubricate the body joints from fingers to toes which help improve the range of motion and movement and helps prevent friction of the joint surfaces.
We concentrate on developing four main areas: strength, balance, endurance and flexibility.
- Strength and Core Exercises – Helps posture, good for bone strength, helps prevent falls
- Balance Exercises – prevent stumbles and falls, concentrate on lower body strength
- Endurance Exercises – These activities are important to help keep the body healthy, improve fitness levels and enable you carry out everyday tasks
- Flexibility Exercises – Stretching helps your body stay flexible and limber which gives you more freedom of movement for regular physical activity as well as for everyday activities.
- Introduction of Go For Life Games for new participants and expansion of these games for more established
- Keeps the mind sharp
- Makes it easier carry out daily chores
- Helps improve sleep
- Improves how people feel about themselves makes the body look better and more toned