Programme Title: Fitness Bootcamp For Children
Fitness Bootcamps are conducted in 6-week blocks, consisting of a one-hour session weekly.
Who is it for?
Boys and Girls who want to keep fit and are in Junior Infants all the way to 6th class.
Programme Outline For 6 weeks
- Week 1: How fit are you?
- Week 2: Speed, stamina and speed repeatability
- Week 3: Balance, agility & co-ordination
- Week 4: Circuit training and obstacle courses
- Week 5: Relay, ladder races, throwing activities, weights and shapes
- Week 6: Let’s mix it all up and see how fit you are!
Throughout the programme, we demonstrate and teach correct running technique, which can greatly benefit children who are actively involved in other team or individual sports. Children who participate in other sports, such as rugby, soccer & GAA, are often only shown the specific skills of that sport with little emphasis on running style or technique of the player. Poor running technique may reduce player performance and lead to long-term injury due to incorrect posture.
- To promote enjoyment and a positive attitude towards Physical Activity and its life-long benefits
- To encourage and lead children who are not participating in sports clubs to become involved in local clubs. We will provide contacts for children and contact local clubs.
- To support teachers with advice and help on delivering exercise programmes within the school.
- To help reduce obesity levels – 1 in 4 Irish children are deemed overweight.
- To improve and develop various range-of-motion skills through different exercises delivered within the programme.
- To develop personal qualities and promote social and intellectual development of a child.
- To improve confidence and feel-good factor of children, especially those who show the greatest improvement over the 6-week period.