Fitness4Fun was set up to meet the needs of two groups of people: schoolchildren, and older adults. Through our fun fitness-based, age-appropriate classes, we aim to give children a love of being active, encouraging them to become fit and healthy adults. We also aim to help seniors improve strength, flexibility, balance, and overall fitness, so that they can remain active and independent!
The founder of Fitness4Fun, John Conroy, is an experienced and qualified fitness coach.
John has 15 years’ experience working as a GAA coach, and was a GAA Championship medal winner with Michael Cusacks and Tubber clubs. He also coached the following teams to success: Doora-Barefield Ladies Football team Junior A Championship in 2006; Michael Cusack underage titles for U14, U18 and U21.
Coach with Doora/Barefield U 21 Hurlers and Senior Footballers. Stats member of the Clare Senior Footballers.
John also has a keen interest in athletics and currently coaches juvenile athletes with Ennis Track AC. He acts as Race Organiser of the hugely-popular Hurley-Hoey 10K Run/Walk raising €75,000 for charity in the past 4 years! John is also an accomplished athlete in his own right. Running with the Clare Crusaders marathon runners, he has an impressive marathon time of under 3 hours.
Four years employed by Clarecare as a supervisor in setting up and developing a Daycare Centre in Killaloe to cater for the needs of the elderly in the East Clare region.
Instructor/trainer for Go For Life Games for any new groups or established groups who may need refresher training. Previously worked with the Brothers Of Charity in Kilrush and Ennis.
John has featured on RTE Radio 1’s Countrywide with Marty Morrissey and also in the local media on the success of the Older Adult exercise programme within Clare. Irish TV on Country Matters featured Fitness4Fun demonstrating exercise classes at the Clare Older Adult Expo in Carrigoran House, Newmarket.
Implemented sport development programme with primary schools in different regions of Ghana, Uganda and Tanzania. Expert in working with young people and the elderly.
Summer Camp Co-Ordinator for Clarecare in Killaloe catering for up to 45 children throughout the Summer.
- Certified Chair Yoga Instructor
- PE at the Heart of an Integrated Curriculum – Setanta College – August 2015
- Certificate in Coaching Skills, Movement and Function to Juveniles – August 2015
- Movement Skill And Fitness Development – ( The Child) – Setanta College – December 2014
- Go For Life Care Pals – November 2014
- Disability Inclusion Training – Cara – November 2014
- SAQ Conditioning Award – October 2014
- Child Protection in Sport – August 2014
- Garda Vetted – July 2014
- Speed Agility Quickness In Sport July 2014
- Foundation In Athletics AAI – June 2014
- Occupational First Aid Fetac 5 – Updated on February 2014.
- Foundation In Gaelic Football
- National Council For Exercise In Health And Fitness (N.C.E.F.) Diploma – Active Older Adult Specialist Course – June 2013.
- National Council For Exercise in Health and Fitness (N.C.E.F.) Certificate – First Class Honours – University Of Limerick June 2012
- GAA Referees Course
- Community Workplace Management Certificate achieved in 1998